a content='IE=EmulateIE7' http-equiv='X-UA-Compatible'/> Kenna's Felt Forest: It's a Friendly Monster!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It's a Friendly Monster!

* Saw this great craft on another blog. My brain can't remember where. Aggravating.*
Anyhow, we grabbed a paper gift bag (Couldn't find my brown lunch bags, so fancy white ones had to do).
While Kenna went crazy with the green do-a-dot marker, I cut out a few monster bits- two eyes, a mouth and some hair.I also grabbed some giant googly eyes.
Kenna glued on the hair.

While all that was drying, I encouraged her to shred some newspaper. Generally she is a ripping and tearing maniac, but today she was all about the crumble and stuff. :) I gave her sheets of newspaper and she balled them up tightly. Great for her finger and hand strength!

Balling up some newspaper.


I taped up his "neck" and Kenna decided he needed a final detail- a lloooong piece of scotch tape down his face. Perfect, she told me. Then,"WAAAIIITTT Mommy, he has no nose!!!"  A few snips of construction paper and our "friendly monster" was ready for action! We may make a few more of these before the month is over. They are so cute! Next time, maybe I'll let her cut out her own facial features... that should be hilarious!
Linked to:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...