a content='IE=EmulateIE7' http-equiv='X-UA-Compatible'/> Kenna's Felt Forest: Handprint Bats

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Handprint Bats

Fold a piece of construction paper in half, trace around your hand. Open it up to make wings!
Add a circle of construction paper and decorate with ears, a painted mouth, and some googly eyes. Instant bats! These three bats are my kids' hands- 3 months, 13 months, and 33 months.
Kenna wanted Mommy and Daddy bats, so we obliged.  She also wanted to do her own hand tracing, and then proceeded to cut them out. She basically recreated the whole project on her own- paint, googly eyes and glue.  I didn't get a picture of it, but it looked fairly bat-like when she was done! Sometimes I underestimate her... I am so glad I let her do it on her own later that day.  I get hung up on perfection- I wanted these to look good, so I didn't want a lot of her "help". I find it hard to let go sometimes. How about you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...