a content='IE=EmulateIE7' http-equiv='X-UA-Compatible'/> Kenna's Felt Forest: Pretend Kitchen, Organized

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pretend Kitchen, Organized


 I don't have a "before" picture, but picture in your mind a wicker basket overflowing with pots, pans, and play food, crammed into the little playhouse.  No room to add more, no easy way to find things, and no room to play! Kenna is totally into her kitchen/house things right now, so I decided it would be better if I organized her things for her.  I stole a four cubby shelf from my hubby's closet (heh heh...wonder when he'll notice!) and set it next to the playhouse in our playroom/schoolroom. 
 Bottom shelf- wicker basket for all of our mommy-made felt food.  (want some? Check out my etsy!) I put her pots and pans on the second shelf. She also has a couple empty spice jars, and I set those there as well.
 Third shelf from the bottom has her "Green Toys" plates, bowls and cups.  She's getting the Tea Pot for Christmas! I am so excited! (Generally, we don't buy a lot of plastic, but this recycled plastic seemed a nice alternative. I'd love to be able to afford wood. Maybe I'll get some little ceramic pieces when she's old enough...)
The top shelf has a can of utensils (Decorated with scrapbook paper), and as of this picture-taking, a fake cell phone one of her friends gave her.
I'm really pleased with this set-up, and it seems to be encouraging "high play".  I also provided a cloth grocery bag and a rag for washing her dishes in her play sink.  So much fun! I feel calmer about this area, and can't wait to do more organizing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...