a content='IE=EmulateIE7' http-equiv='X-UA-Compatible'/> Kenna's Felt Forest: Numbers Rock!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Numbers Rock!

If you remember my Literacy Rocks, you'll know I have a special place in my heart for rock crafts. :) Last time, I used rub-on stickers. This time- acryllic paint! I went with numbers, since Kenna (31 mos) and I are about to start some basic math skills.
The tools: rainbow of acryllic paint, some brushes, water, a washcloth for messes, a bag of black rocks from the Dollar Tree, and a can of sealer. Oh, and if you have a bored toddler lying around, give her a paint brush and a couple of rocks, too!
I totally stole this idea from about a million rock decorators online. I may continue to embellish these, but my toddler decided that painting time was over for today. ( I am going to spray these with sealant when it isn't pouring down rain outside.) Then we will be ready to count! Note that I went with digits, not "numbers". I prefer 0-9 as opposed to 1-10. Call me crazy, but I think it's easier to build numbers and teach skip counting if a child knows "zero".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...