a content='IE=EmulateIE7' http-equiv='X-UA-Compatible'/> Kenna's Felt Forest: St. Patrick's Day

Friday, March 16, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

Brace yourself for Rainbows! And GREEN!  And fun! This poor post has been in draft for two weeks, while my family has been visiting.  I figured I'd better post it before March ends!

Kumon coloring page.  ROY.G.BIV, baby! And I have to say that explaining the difference between indigo and violet kind of tried Kenna's patience today. Especially since both are purple. :)

:Transferring:
Kenna is 37 mos.
Use tongs to move pom poms to the small sectioned tray.

:Toddler Transferring:
Little Man is 18 mos.
I set up larger pom poms and a mini-muffin pan (which he walked away with the moment I picked up the camera!) so that he can do the same work as Kenna. She is so excited that he is doing trays now, she can't stand it!
:Matching:
Felt Clover Puzzle.  (not my idea, sadly. It's so cute! **Need link**) I cut hearts out of felt to mimic the leaves of clovers.  I made 6 flashcards by taking pictures of different color combinations. Kenna has to build the clovers to match. She is seriously into anything puzzle right now, so I know she is going to love this.  I didn't get pics of the whole stack of cards, but here is one card example. She looks at the picture and recreates it with her felt pieces. I glued down the stem on the felt "paper" so she has a starting point.

:Science- Plants:
 Hunting for four leaf clovers! We took our magnifying glass and headed to the front yard, where there are patches of clover everywhere! We brought some inside to study. The laminated clover is an actual four leaf clover I found in 1997 on the lawn of my college Freshman dorm. 

 It has been pressed in a dictionary for years, and I got it out this week and laminated it, so that Kenna can study it and check it out without destroying it.


On the hunt!

 :Small Spaces:
Put the Leprechaun gold in the pot! I saw this great idea **needs link** to take a mason jar and replace the metal inset lid with cardboard. I drew a cute pot and cut a slit in the cardboard to fit the coins. I deliberately made the coin slot as small as possible- I wanted Kenna to have to really work at this one.

 :Fingerprint Clovers:
Use your fingers or the Q tips to make clovers. Use the green marker to add stems.  If Kenna allows, we may circle sets of two, since we are working on counting by two's.  (She's a little touchy about her artwork at the moment. If she draws even one line on a paper, I am not allowed anywhere near it.)


More fun to come! Gotta get some pictures off my camera!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...