a content='IE=EmulateIE7' http-equiv='X-UA-Compatible'/> Kenna's Felt Forest: Definition of a quiet book

Friday, August 20, 2010

Definition of a quiet book

Some, possibly many, of my posts will be directly related to my new crafting passion- Quiet Books.

I thought I'd start by explaining what a Quiet Book is for those who were unlucky enough to go through childhood, and church,without one.

A Quiet Book is a soft paged book, generally homemade, designed to occupy little hands and little minds during church, long car rides, and other places where kids are easily bored. I personally did not grow up with a quiet book, but I have seen many beautiful and inspiring ones in my time researching online. I set out about four months ago to complete one for my daughter, and I became completely and utterly addicted to making these pages! They are ridiculously detailed, meticulous and time-consuming, but I love it!

Many people feel overwhelmed at the thought of making a Quiet Book for their own child, but honestly, it is a labor of love and well worth the effort. Something special will come out of your work- a book to be treasured by your child, and possibly your grandchildren! So special. And really, these can be as detailed or as simple as you'd like. It is your project to enjoy.

My daughter was only 14 months when I began her book, so many of her pages are geared toward a young child. As she grows, and as I take more time to experiment, I anticipate the pages becoming more older-kid friendly. Look for posts tagged Quiet Book to follow my progress!

To get inspired, here are a few of the Quiet Books that sparked my creativity.
http://quietbook.blogspot.com/
http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...